New Address for the PowerSchool Portal
Good morning and here are your morning announcements for
Friday, January 20, 2017.
- The Asset of the Week is Cultural Competence.
- The weather for today is:
- Attention Yearbook Club - there will be a meeting on Monday at lunch in room 17. See you then! (Wilcox & Zangwill)
- Come to the 9th meeting of Business Club on Tuesday, January the 24th, after-school from 3:00-3:45 PM.
- Quarter 2 ends TODAY. Are your grades where you want them to be? (Carreras)
- Sixth Graders! You are welcome to our 12th Annual SNAP Night at Union Middle School on Thursday, February 9th, 2017 from 5:30-7:30PM in our cafeteria. The night is full of fun hands on science activities, provided by RAFT for 6th graders and their families. Hope to see you there! (Starr)
- Attention 8th graders - 8th grade ads for the Yearbook are now on sale! Information on how to order is in the parents section of the UMS announcements. The deadline is TODAY and late ads will NOT be accepted. (Wilcox)
- Next week we will be having our Geography Bee! It will start on the 24th and will take place in the gym at lunch. For studying material, visit bit.ly/UMSgeobee. We’ll see you there! (Carreras)
- Did you miss the January DC student lunch meeting? The make up meeting is at lunch on Monday in room 25. Bring a bag lunch and be on time. The Washington, DC trip is not sponsored by the school or district. (Lakew)
- Happy Birthday today to Natasha L, Jordan F, Zuleyri M, and Nikolai S. Happy birthday this weekend to Gianna M, Mikayla N, and Ryan W. and Abigail F. If Your birthday was just announced, or announced earlier this week, then come to Room 40, today, at break, to pick up your birthday bag. (Utley)
- FLAG SALUTE
- The Joke of the Week this week is_________________.
- Thanks and have a __________________ Friday.
***Please address any questions you have about an announcement to the teacher/advisor listed in parenthesis. Thank you!***
Need to put in an announcement? Click the link below: http://bit.ly/UMSannounce
Contact Christina Carreras
- Attention 8th Grade Parents:
The yearbook is offering you the opportunity to purchase ad space in the yearbook. This ad space is a place where parents, family members, friends, etc. can include a PERSONALIZED message for an 8th grade graduate.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Go to https://yearbookforever.com
- Type in Union Middle School, and click on our school when it appears (there are a few so be sure to look for San Jose!).
- Click on “Buy Personal Ad ”
- Follow the steps from there.
- HELPFUL TIPS: Use Chrome or Safari browsers (not internet explorer), and it works best on a computer rather than a smartphone.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Wilcox (email@example.com).
DEADLINE for orders is FRIDAY, JANUARY 20th, 2017.
LATE ADS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Attention 6th Grade Parents:Please make sure your student has the required TDAP Whopping Cough Booster. This is a California requirement prior to 7th grade entry. Your student cannot be enrolled into the 7th grade for the 2017-2018 school year until proof of the TDAP booster and all other identified immunizations have been received. Thank you for your continued support. (Wu)
- Parents/guardians of 8th grade Washington, DC students: Mark your calendar. The mandatory parent AND student Pre-Departure Meeting for DC 2017 will be held on Monday, February 6 from 6-7:30pm in the UMS gym (chaperones will meet the same evening at 5pm). All 8th grade students traveling to Washington, DC are required to attend this meeting with a parent. Please bring your student's completed yellow medical form to the meeting; you will receive it in the mail soon. If you need another copy, please see the resources page of the DC website. Questions? Email Mrs Ramsey Lakew at DCtripUMS@gmail.com The Washington, DC trip is not sponsored by the school or district. (Lakew)
Interested in being a part of the amazing energy that helps make Union Middle School Top Notch? Union Middle School Home & School Club (UMSHSC) is currently putting together the nominating committee to help shape next year's UMSHSC board. If you are interested in being on the nominating committee or interested in one of the board positions, please contact Jennifer Norcia at firstname.lastname@example.org or (408) 821-9686. The nominating committee meets a total of 1-2 times for approximately an hour each time and is a great way to be involved! For a list of positions and descriptions on the board please visit http://www.unionhsc.org/volunteer.html (Norcia)